Source: Singapore Heart Foundation.
Vegan, oil-free, cholesterol free, no refined sugar.
Recipe contributed by Delcie Lam, sensitive chef and founder of Delcie’s Desserts and Cakes.
Time: 30 minutes
- Gingerbread man cutter
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic bag/2 pcs of parchment paper
- Superfine wholemeal flour, 90g
- Baking soda, 1g
- Baking powder, 2g
- Ground ginger, 1g
- Cinnamon powder, 1g
- Nutmeg powder, 1g
- Sea salt, 1g
- Date syrup, 40g
- Vegan butter, 40g
- Milled flaxseed, 8g
- Warm water, 15g
- Sieve all dry ingredients together
- Dig a hole in the middle of the dry mixture.
- Mix milled flaxseed and warm water.
- Combine softened vegan butter, date syrup and flaxseed mixture with the dry mixture to form a dough.
- Sandwich dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out thinly.
- Dust some flour on the surface of the flattened dough.
- Cut the dough with a gingerbread man cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies onto a lined baking tray, ensuring to leave a two-inch space between cookies.
- Bake at 175°C for 4-5 minutes.
- Let cool.
Nutrients per serving
- Energy: 125kcal
- Protein: 2.1g
- Total Fat (Saturated Fat): 5.8g (1.65g)
- Cholesterol: 0g
- Carbohydrate: 15.3g
- Sodium: 116mg
- Dietary Fibre: 1.8g