From 2 July 2014, the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) will introduce certain changes to the way in which we may contact you for promotional and marketing messages. These changes will generally not affect informational and service-related messages sent by us (such as purchase updates and confirmation about events).
We aim to conduct our business in compliance with the requirements of the PDPA and respect your choices. Your information is collected for us to understand your needs better so that we can improve our services and also the way we communicate with you.
HOW IS PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Delcie’s may collect your personal information when you:
- Purchase our products either in-store or online
- Sign up for our membership programme
- Subscribe to our e-newsletters
- Contact us with a product or service enquiry
- Participate in our contests, surveys, lucky draws and/or other promotional activities
- Subscribe to workshops
- Visit our website
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
The information Delcie’s collects depends on the type of products and services you purchase and use.
Below are some examples:
- Personal Particulars – This may include NRIC, FIN or passport number, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth and dietary requirements.
- Your account information – For example, the membership programme you are enrolled in with us or other details related to your account (in-store and online)
- Information on your purchase and use of our services – For example, your purchase history
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Delcie’s may use your information for the following:
- Process your online orders
- Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
- Inform you about product products and services updates
- Conduct market research and customer satisfaction surveys
- Membership matters where applicable, such as change in benefits and latest promotions
- Provide updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver advertising messages via SMS / MMS, voice, Email or your mailing address with your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Delcie’s may share your information with:
- Business partners and vendors we work with to deliver product and services you purchase and use
- Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
- Financial institutions or PayPal for purposes such as facilitating credit card payments
- Research institutions for market analysis purposes
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Delcie’s has implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
- Safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems
- Limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners and vendors
- Strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to information
DELCIE’S RESPECTS YOUR CONTACT PREFERENCES
Delcie’s is committed to comply with the Do Not Call (DNC) provisions. We have always been mindful of engaging our customers in a more targeted and relevant way.
We may send marketing messages to your Singapore telephone number if:
a. You have given us consent, OR
b. You have not registered with the national DNC Registry, OR
c. The sending of such messages is permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Our marketing messages aim to update you about our exclusive offers, rewards programme and special deals.
Should you have any feedback or enquiries relating to your personal data or how Delcie’s may communicate with you, or if you wish to stop receiving promotional/marketing messages, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com
For more information about PDPA generally, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg