Source: Singapore Heart Foundation.
Vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, no refined sugar.
Recipe contributed by Delcie Lam, sensitive chef and founder of Delcie’s Desserts and Cakes.
Time: 45 minutes
- Food processor
- Log cake mold (850g capacity)
- Short rectangular or square tray
- Parchment paper
- Almonds, 85g
- Walnuts, 85g
- Dates, 85g
- Avocado, skinned and seeded, 600g ( 4)
- Cocoa powder, 24g
- Orange juice, 20g
- Orange zest, 1 tsp
- Date sauce, 150g
- Dark chocolate coverture, warm and melted, 85g
- In an oven, toast nuts for 15 minutes at 175°C and keep warm.
- Blend nuts and dates in a food processor until they form a crumbly paste.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and mold the crust base into a rectangle.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Blend avocado, cocoa powder, orange juice, orange zest and date sauce in a food processor.
- Lastly, blend in the melted dark chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a log cake mold.
- Lay the crust base on top of the mixture.
- Cling wrap the mold and freeze overnight.
- Unmold, cut and serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Energy: 140kcal
- Protein: 2.1g
- Total Fat (Saturated Fat): 7.8g (1.9g)
- Cholesterol: 0g
- Carbohydrate: 14.4g
- Sodium: 13.4mg
- Dietary Fibre: 3.3g